7.10.2006

a degustation of sexy voices

I dig female singers most of all. The very best of them aren't mortals; they are goddesses. You don't even have to take my word for it-- youtube users shall provide the commentary.


Tori Amos - The Waitress
"yet another orgasmic performance! :)"
"nice. I didn't realize this was the 'eat my pussy' incident."
"I have goosebumps... oh my god! Tori is a goddess!"


Garbage vs Peaches - a very nice mashup of 'Push It' and 'Fuck the Pain Away'. Peaches doesn't come close to Shirley Manson's hotness.
"peaches is a man..."
"I have to watch this daily.. it's that good."
"Shirley and Peaches together!!! could they be any cooler!!!"
"JESUS christ woman put from frigging clothes on"
"SHIRLEY IS SO...HOT!!!!!!!!!!!"


Donna Summer - lots of NSFW bedroom noises on Love to Love You Baby
"Beyonce has nothing on Donna Summer."
"very sexy song.. and sexy performance."
"After Donna nobody sounded so convincingly erotic."


Portishead - Glory Box
"Beth Gibbons singing and smoking in perfect harmony"
I guess that's where she got her smoky voice.
"its very surreal, and overwhelming."
"Beth's voice is AMAZING..."


Feist - Secret Heart
"HOly Moly--this is fantastic--gawd--I love her music!"
"what a ..... !! o_o great guitar sound and great play"
"shit hot!"
I would add this-- absolutely heartbreaking.


Bjork for Alexander McQueen - Bachelorette
"only bjork can pull off such a strange and great performance like that"
"love them both, it was the great collobration i guess in fashion and music, amazing!!"
"I just came."
I just love the diamonds covering her face.


Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On
"The antithesis of the modern pop tart! Her songs, lyrics and vocal delivery willcharm, uplift and haunt you simultaneously."
"Just heard this song yesterday on WFPL in Louisville and was so knocked out, I had to pull over the car."
"I had just about given up on music and then she comes along."
"Yah by far my (favorite) singer songwriter in the past 10 years."
"Wonderful lyrics, some of the best I've heard in a while."