7.04.2005

esplanade

Both my wallet and my liver are going to rot very soon. Booze and more booze everytime we go out. It takes more alcohol each time to get high and the effect goes away faster each time. I look horrible when I'm red, which is why you won't see any photos of me intoxicated. Actually, it's a wonder I'm still functioning. I slept at nearly 3am, woke up at 7 to go to work, and managed to complete most of today's work before I left at lunch time. It's all thanks to hello panda biscuits and nescafe mocha.

The afternoon was spent at the esplanade getting a tour of the entrances and emergency exits and having a dry run. I think the only celebrities I'll be seeing are the local MPs. Sob sob. My station isn't a critical place really. While waiting, some people spotted raul walking outside and a guy ran up to get his autograph. They say his signature looks like shit. Meanwhile the acrobatic cleaners were on the roof giving the glass a scrub down.



We didn't manage to watch the rehearsals though. It would have been cool to watch glen goei and jacintha in action. We did see lim yu beng and other theatre folks in the theatre. Having gone to the stall seats to recce, I think that our dim sum dollies seats are not too shabby- the stage isn't that far away after all.



Then this group of us found our way to the convention centre where we managed to get new passes. Because our original cards were hastily slotted inside a plastic cover, most of our faces had peeled off the card and stuck to the plastic. I now wish I had given a better passport photo. At the volunteer lounge, this guy Andrew walked in while we were chit chatting away. He's 20, from manchester, works 4 days a week and studies 2 days, has his own name card, and during holidays he goes around the world volunteering for sports event. He had volunteered in the athens olympics too. People, this is called having a life.