6.22.2006

one flew over the cuckoo nest

I wanted to do one big thing a day, ie doing the driving theory test, but today was totally wasted on an afternoon nap. Speaking of the driving theory, they rejected me and I couldn't take the test. Seems that there is something wrong with my i-20 documents and such. Maybe they haven't processed it and the documents are still at the airport. And the lines were really long and slow. I think they need a reform. Inefficience.

Band of Brothers was great. I'm such a sucker for war shows now. The more action and torn limbs, the better.

Rize, as well. Krumping rocks.

These are my one liner movie reviews, as you can see.

The usual suspects was somewhat spoilt by the fact that I already know the twist.

I'm going to start watching Deadwood soon.

Utilities are rather expensive. And why does our orange juice always run out so fast?

Most of the morning was spent on doing the layout of the freshman guide. I'm so anal about punctuation and spacing. Also, turns out that cool fonts don't show up in the pdf format. Initially I wanted a dadaist cover, but had to resort to the same old trick in the end..



I need to work on photoshop, as well as my tan.

Pitchfork has a new feature on 100 awesome music videos. As if I don't already spend enough time on youtube! Highlights include kidz bop's version of since u been gone (2:37 is the greatest moment in music video history), royskopp's remind me (I've always loved cutaway diagrams and the like), the avalanches' frontier pyschiatrist, kate bush's wuthering heights. Dj shadow's 6 days, directed by wong kar wai.

Apparently his next film doesn't star nicole kidman. It does, however, feature jude law, rachel weisz, natalie portman, norah jones, yes norah jones, ed harris...

Random link #1

Random link #2