6.13.2006

I want my wisdom tooth to go away

MY ENTIRE lower jaw is hurting again. The pain comes and goes and was the reason why I couldn't sleep on my flight back to new york. That said, the curry on air india was really good. It was so spicy, my nose became moist. However, the same could not be said for the yoghurt and the air stewardess. First I asked for a pen to fill up my immigration forms, but that didn't come. Then later, she finished pouring her jar of coffee in the row before me and said that she would go get more. A minute later, she was already collecting the trays...

It's hard to write about travel. Should I let the pictures do the talking, or do I fill in every detail? I don't know where to start anyway. The nightmare ferry ride to Santorini, the things we wrote in a notebook when we got bored of watching a Greek soap opera on telly, or the extremely high probability of me getting a random baggage check?

I think I'll finish with the food first.



Though I had left Greece, I still hadn't gotten enough of Greek food. Kebab/Pita from the Latin Quarter. There are streets after streets of restaurants there.



Last meal in London. I didn't get to eat fish and chips, although I did have to eat McDonald's once. I think I OD'ed on asian food in London.



French pastries are amazing. I wish I could try them all. This is the Paris Brest-- the mere sight of it is mouthwatering enough. This was at a bakery in Montmartre, you know, the place they shot Amelie. Some more from the provincial market in Sceaux->





A surprisingly big cup of capuccino.. it was the one of the few drinks in the menu I could pronounce and still know what I was ordering.
In french cafes and restaurants people just sit outside people-watching, sometimes in rows, all in the same direction. Something like this->







The most expensive meal I had there, and yet I couldn't finish it because I was too full by the time the dessert came. I wanted to eat more escargot, but the onion soup is also a traditional favorite, so I had to try it. The veal was ok. These pictures are way under lit and hideous when enlarged.. Before this we were at this bar, a normally quiet sort of bar, but on that day there were hordes of American high school kids there, playing beer pong and being rowdy.



On my last day I only had enough money to eat fast food. Quick is the name, but it took a long time to get the food...

XTRA: Zhenjin gave the best advice ever when I told him I had to buy groceries later. "Buy those nearing expiry.. cheaper mah."