5.15.2006

Day 3 of exams.

The biggest news today wasn't that Floridians are afraid of alligator attacks or that Jodie Foster quoted enimem at the uPenn commencement, it's that Thom Yorke is going to release a solo album. It's about time man. Word has it that one of the songs black swan will play over the credits of Richard Linklater's a scanner darkly. .. I've been looking forward to that film, not least because it is based on another Philip k Dick short stories. Those stories make good films. .. And noone told me that radiohead was on tour right now, and now all the tickets are sold out. Of course, I can't afford to go to any more concerts, but the timing would have been perfect. They're at the theater at madison square garden on june 13, the day I return from europe. I would have gone with all my baggage in tow.

Ok I'm getting worried about my budgeting. I hate it when secret bills pop out of nowhere, like when the bursar charged $150 for the machine design class. I guess that pays for the toothbrush I had to dissect. I was surprised noone picked the Phillip Starck toothbrush; that must cost at least 150 bucks.

I have two more finals left but I'm essentially done. Must say I didn't learn that much from econ 101. After that I'd be busy packing up and moving out. .. to a single room.. I would really miss dc++. I need some way to watch next monday's 24 finale, which is building up to a tremendous climax. The president gets what he deserves, the terrorists get blown to bits and Jack Bauer saves the day. And Prison Break, I saw the last minute of today's episode and it was an overhead shot of a few of them running away. Much better than unravelling the mystery of Lost.

But seriously, I'd miss the dorm life (kinda) when I move out.

surprise link of the day