5.11.2006

Day 1 of exams.

A few days ago, I was distracted from studying by kitsch magazine, which is one of the many student run magazines. It was actually a good read, and had an article about lucid dreaming, which is basically knowing that you're in a dream and having the power to manipulate events. I've been convinced that I am capable of lucid dreaming. Sometimes I have a mental conversation before I sleep so as to decide on the dream. Usually I am someone else, 200 years in the future, travelling in a very cool vehicle. Think blade runner meets minority report. Or other times when I or other people get injured in my dreams I am able to tell myself that it isn't real and not get worked up over it. According to the article, the best way to achieve control over your dream is to write it down every morning, if you can remember it.

---

Slope day is even cooler than dragon day because practically everyone in the school is there sitting, lying or standing on the slope. The beer line was insane, though. The worst idea ever. They made us walk through zig zaging lines about 15 times, it's like running a marathon. Oh, times that by 5 because they only gave one cup each time.



Ben Folds rocked the house. Never been that big a fan, but he did all the songs I liked. Annie waits, Fred Jones pt 2, Army, Brick etc. He was also very good at getting the crowd to sing along to certain bits. The cover of Dr Dre's bitches ain't shit was very funny too. But he made my day with the encore: 1 angry dwarf and 200 solemn faces. Favorite BFF song ever!


Hairstyles I should get