2.03.2006

Sorry in advance for the loading time.

So, two weeks of school have passed and I would like to fulfil my whine quota this month.


But not now,
because I just found out yesterday that franz ferdinand and death cab for cutie are coming to cornell in april!!
YAY YAY..
it's not that often that bands come to such a secluded place. Either they're so unknown that I can't get people to go with me, such as the fiery furnaces, or they're washed up bands that I have no interest in anymore, like third eye blind and collective soul.
So I'm happy for the weekend, until I start doing my homework later.

Also, in other news, madonna will be touring this summer, which means that die die must do summer school (and not summer abroad next year) and save up enough money to go see her.

Here's ten reasons why I intend to go.

She remixes her twenty year old songs and make them sound like they're songs of today. Plus lots of confetti:

Cool stage set stuff like giant video screens and a conveyor belt:

Her two backup singers save her ass all the time:

At her height of obsession with memoirs of a geisha, she had a kimono the length of the stage:

In case anytime thinks it's all about the editing, this is a handshot video:

Noone sits down at her concerts:

She does insane acrobatic things like the exorcist move--bending her body backwards and walking on all fours in reverse.

In the 1990s she had a topless dancer on a very tall pole and she wore a dominatrix outfit:

One hand in her pants, she simulates masturbation:

She's the only singer who can get away with headbanging and playing air guitar: