2.09.2006

Noone's showing love for madonna?
Anyway she's drop-drop-dropping in my list too, after watching her uninspired grammy performance. As morris would say, none too impressive.

I've been telling people that at 30 I would go open a club and you are all my potential partners/investors. hah. So here's prototype #1, which I've sketched out and shall attempt to reproduce here in words. I've only figured out the main room.

So you enter into a cacophony of throBBBinglightsandsound; in front, a long bridge that arches to the other end of the room, an avenue for catwalkers, people watchers and dancers who like to touch themselves. To the left, a wall of glass that preferably looks out to some skyline from a few storeys up. The wall is easily covered with large panes of led screens that slide in from the side, broadcasting cutting edge graphics to the tune of the music. A DJ console on an elevated platform in one corner.
To the right, the bar, flanked by private boxes for the beautiful ones. They are shrouded in the shadows, ocassionally illuminated by a wandering spotlight. You push past the crowd to get a drink. The roof, a diasphonous form, with slots that cleverly conceal the speakers, and a lighting system perfectly timed to the beat. At the other end of the bridge, undulating walls and sheer curtains surround the seating area-- it is lined with plush couches and ottomans. Under the bridge lies the dancefloor, accessed by three sets of stairs. There are three concentric circles, each going deeper towards the center stage, which revolves on occasion.

ok can't think of anything good to end it off.

Right now, I'm just frustrated at solidworks, the thing we have to use to make a 3d model. It's screwing me upside down and I can't be bothered to do anymore of it tonight.

I'm so not hardworking, I didn't even do question of the week for econ.