6.04.2005

Party. If it's too small, it doesn't feel like it's one. If it's too big, there will be people in the room who don't know each other. Michigan state news copy writer Xinyi, you're already missing next week's party. For those not in the know, it's supposed to be like the birthday party that marissa throws for trey and the whole town shows up, in which case you are all invited.

But between now and saturday, interesting things will happen. There's a three day workshop during which I'll get to meet the other scholars. Of course I'd love to know new people and make friends but the dark side of me is making me nervous about this. Butterflies in the stomach again. And I realise that will also be the case when I start university. I think it's quite cool that out of the 20 (or 21) people in odac, half of them will be overseas by this fall. Charlotte, me, Grace, Haoxiang, Houston, Keith, Kim, Kinfoong (NYU!!! *dead envious. good chance of spotting the olsen twins), Luke, Mel (going to india I hear?), Morris.. I got the names off the shirt. Also, I think I won't be coming back in december. I wanna go to vegas!

More updates. +Attended the busker's opera, one of the performances in the arts festival. It was totally unexpected and I showed up in berms. Mark Richmond must have thought I was a wannabe heartlander. Must say it was really good, especially when they sang in some psuedo arabic language with accompanying subtitles.

++First the esprit private sale, then the topshop private sale. I got a newsboy cap, something which I've always wanted because it just looks so cool and celebrity-ish. I need more retail therapy, but I don't know what people wear for school.

+++I love my brown feet.