6.26.2005

Family Day took on a whole different meaning when the department I was with for only 2 days went to brewerks for lunch, with only one family member in sight. Even before our lunch arrived at the table, the guys were plying me and fellow intern shao ming with beer glass after beer glass. I'm such a bad drinker; it doesn't take much to get me high. There's this guy, we call him uncle bob.. he looks like a bouncer and he drank a lot even though he was driving, and still managed to trash someone else at pool. That would be my vote for most fun day at work.

I know everyone's sick of working and they've either stopped or planning to quit. I've had my share of bumming around in april so I don't miss slacking around that much, even though the quit-so-we-can-go-out-on-weekdays mood is very contagious. I think I'm gaining something from the attachment. At least I know more about the organisation than I ever would through the compressed 3 day orientation course. Now I also have some sense of direction to help me see where I'm going.

Friday night- hong guan, thanks for the conversation. Finally, some one who can talk about architecture and the cultural divide. But I was very tired already, so I couldn't really come up with any proper sentence.

Saturday- was getting ready to get my hair cut when the long hair person behind me started talking. Was slightly taken aback to hear a guy's voice, but oh well. Luckily he didn't mess up the hair. Fast forward 6 hours later>>> Being on the beach during sunset is so deceiving. Because everything is orange, you look like you have a fantastic golden tan. Add to that the slick tanning oil, you really feel like you belong in the magazine photoshoot. But everything snaps back to reality once you have a shower and you're back in the harsh glare of fluorescent light.
We should have sunset all the time.

Tally for the sale.
g star jeans 230
topshop polo 35
newsboy cap 35
havaianas 30
fcuk top 35
graniph tshirt 50
_____________
415
and i still need a short sleeved shirt. Depending on who you are, 400 may either seem relatively tame or a serious waste of money. Either way, I don't care.