9.19.2004

wow. i just realised i've been writing this blog for more than one year liao. really don't know if that magazine thing is going to work out.

fans of nu-funk-soul rejoice! there are about 3 new albums coming out soon! there's jill scott's beautifully human which is confirm good one. for one, her lyrics are incredibly poetic, eg. 'you love me from my hair follicles to my toe nails'. she also has the requisite afro and what the hell is sharon au doing on the covers of 8days ad nausuem?! there is such a dearth of local stars. then there's nikka costa and joss stone, one of whom will ve probably good while the other will probably get mixed reviews. that always happens; the nu-funk-soul genre only gets one star a year. one can trace the ancestory all the way to erykah badu. joss stone has a new single playing all over the radio now. nikka costa had me buying her debut cd in '01 on the strength of this picture:

.-.. . --. --. - ....
this could well reach the pit of journalistic honesty, but i got my mum to buy me the calvin klein underwear today. it cost like $35. i gotta get more!! too much info, i hear ya say!