12.03.2006

facebook stalk me

Before the results for the sentosa resort is announced next week, I just want to say that I'll be very dissapointed if Kerzner doesn't win. Actually, I think I might not go to Sentosa again if any Genting wonderland pops up. It's not that I have anything against a regional brand... And the truth is, many people want them to win, according to a Straits Times poll.
I just don't want a theme park there. I think it's perfectly acceptable to travel to Hollywood to sit in some Jurassic Park rollercoaster but to go to Singapore for that? If you really want a theme park in Singapore, please put them in some Sembawang wasteland, or where the Tang Dynasty thing is still rotting. Besides, Genting's architecture is really ghetto too.
8th wonder is slightly better but it has too much going on. An artificial caldera with a waterfall? Does anyone even remember fucking Volcanoland? And we all know that artificial water features have nothing on the real ones, except maybe the bellagio fountain. And I think that Harry's Island is a really bad name. I read that they're thinking of making a movie tied in with the resort. Let's just say that I wouldn't watch a movie with "Harry's Island" in the title.
So even if Gehry has jumped the shark, I would still rather have him than say, Vera Wang. Or Pele. Now give me the water rides. Give me the robo fish. Give me a pretty building.