10.30.2006

when good ideas go bad

I bought a pair of adicolor sneakers a couple of weeks back. They're cool because you can change the color of the stripes. So last weekend, I decided that I had enough of red, yellow, green and blue stripes. To my dismay, some of the plastic stripes had broken inside the shoe, and I just could not get one of the green stripes out. It was a real engineering problem. I used a pair of scissors and nail clippers, but that only made the thing go further down into the shoe.

I solved the problem (sort of), but I wish the shoes came with some tweezers.

I've been listening to a lot of Goldfrapp lately. Something with the cold mechanical beats. However, as much as I love the electro disco-glam rock of the last two albums, I still hanker for the music they made for their first album, felt mountain. That was chilling, icy and I loved all the distorted operatic bits. That woman can sing.
Goldfrapp - Utopia
Goldfrapp - Lovely Head

This is for all you feist fans.

I love everything about this video too.