2.18.2006

STrEEss.

ok ok I just deleted a whole paragraph of whining. Do i say that a lot-- that I edit my complaints? It's all xinyi's fault by the way, she makes me self conscious about whining. But I still feel like getting it out here, cuz writing a diary always helps in figuring things out right.

I'm super emo again! I think it's my period. It ebbs and flows and now it's coming back in full force! I think I've diagnosed it. The first sign is when I feel like I don't have enough friends. I don't know why I get that feeling. I feel insanely jealous when I see my friends talking to some people I don't know,.. ok so I do that too, but it's not the same. I'm just superficial. I like the idea of saying hi to many people on the street. But then when the emo tide hits I do the opposite instead-- I crawl into my room and when I go out I don't feel like talking. The best thing to do is to ride it out and feel better in a few days time.

Also, there is an obscene amount of work to be done. So much that I decided (perhaps wrongly) not to go rock climbing in the afternoon or to go for yet another frat party just now. So I'm not keeping my new year resolution to have more social life. Bah. My saturday is all spent on PE, sunday there's two meetings, there's next week's homework, project research, a prelim on tuesday, and my study abroad plans are still being fixed. I really hate this part of the semester. It's like the uphill portion of a climb, there's all these obstacles ahead waiting to swallow you whole. BUT as usual, i'm quite sure that everything will turn out fine and I'll have only fond memories.

In any case, if you're stressed like me, here are my top 3 cures:

3. scratch your ipod with sandpaper to achieve the brushed metal look.
2. watch jon stewart's daily show.
1. drool at the most awesome dessert pictures ever (I may have mentioned this before).