10.26.2005

Oh. my. god. the most fucked up thing happened today. It goes like this:
After class a few of us ran for the bus as it was about to leave the bus stop and then after us this lady came on. The bus driver told her to step off as there was a yellow line near the door and the bus was pretty packed with people, but she refused because clearly, we could snuggle up towards the back. & so after that, she drove off and the woman was still rather pissed that the driver kept asking her to get off the bus. She was like "she can kiss my black ass.. that's why I'm at cornell so I don't have to be a bus driver".. ouch! The driver was also having one time big menopause and sped through all the turns and was like "if you're over the yellow line I'm gonna lose my fucking license". Anyway the bitching didn't stop even when there was more space and the lady was sitting down. When we got to the stop that almost everyone had to alight, the driver called the police and held us hostage and refused to open the doors. Like one guy said, "it's like in the movie speed". After like 10 mins, the driver finally gave up the stand off and get this-- she walked out of the bus. I think she quit. So everyone had to alight and the driver was walking damn far away while the police cars that she called arrived. Then there were people copying her bus number and calling the bus service to complain. Maybe she got arrested for abandoning her bus. I was so happy I caught the bus.