7.30.2005

Why do you guys read blogs? Is it to keep in touch with your friends, or to satisfy your voyueristic curiosity? Do you feel happy when someone is living a shittier life than you? I think blog depression is the new disease. I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one afflicted. It usually comes with mindless blogsurfing, jumping links from your friends to your friends' friends, or simply by clicking 'next blog'. It could be a stranger or someone you've known for years. Sometimes you read something significant, like say a girl having a good time with her guy, or something insignificant, like guy A having a great party.

It's a potent combo of insecurity and jealousy. Of course, the only thing that keeps you from wallowing further is that being a blog writer yourself, you know that people only put the good stuff up. I mean, I could write about how bad I feel that another uni student is doing so well in his attachment that the staff there say he can take over their jobs, but that would only make me appear to be a needy person, forever looking for people to justify my worth.

Anyway I'm glad that I'm stuck in blogebrity D list. Just look at how bitchy the popular bloggers are! It seems that only singaporean blogs are like that. Be mature for goodness sake. Elsewhere, bloggers give shoutouts to other bloggers. Like trent and joel madden (good charlotte) sharing their love for LV goods..er for more info click on the link. And yeah that's like the third time I've linked to him. I digress.

So I figured the only way to cure that depression is to stop blog surfing, or get a religion. I mean all that crap about a person not being strong enough to get through life without spiritual guidance, I'm beginning to see that it's true! Sometimes, it really does appear that we're living for nothing, and if a car knocks you down today you would have barely made a blip in the world.
So anyway to cheer myself up I looked instead at the mindless fun the internet has to offer. You know, it's really like rediscovering the web all over again, like in secondary school computer lab classes. Ancient things like hampster dance, www.ikissyou.org, perhaps the most over enthusiastic webpage ever created, the ellen feiss apple commercial- the 'beepbeepbeepbeepbeep' is priceless, the last page of the internet, and hell yeah, the infamous all your base are belong to us thing- according to cnet's top 10 web fads, "every time you think AYBABTU is dead, it crops up again--whether as a clever quote from a hipster writer, a gamer's war cry, or someone discovering it for the first time."

Yah. Much more fun than reading blogs.

At this point I'd just like to practice what I preach, so Here's a shoutout to MAAARIAH CAREY! You go girl! Haha I know it's damn gay to admit to loving mariah, but isn't we belong together just the best thing you've heard this whole year? I see all my indie cred going down the gutter already. Actually, there's nothing I love more than someone making a comeback. A year ago, everyone thought that her career was over and look who's on top now? BIAAATCH! Kick. Some. Ass. I do believe that some part of her is still kookoo though.

Hell I'm even going to do what I hate to see most- cut and paste chunks of song lyrics!

I'm feeling all out of my element
throwing things, crying
Trying to figure out
Where the hell I went wrong
The pain reflected in this song
ain't even half of what
I'm feeling inside
I need you
Need you back in my life, baby..

Come on people, you know the rest of the chorus. Sing it now!

When you left I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby, please
Cause we belong together
Who else am I gon' lean on
When times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone
Till the sun comes up
Who's gonna take your place
There ain't nobody better
Oh, baby baby, we belong together, baby

Is it just me or do I sound like I'm high?