5.22.2005

10 paragraphs of whining--

Sale! Looks like the sale has already begun without much fanfare. There were tons of people mulling around in guess. So once again, it's time to trawl up and down the malls and make some tough nut cracking decisions. However the esprit private sale was so disappointing. Had to queue to get in, queue to try the clothes and queue to pay the money. But I didn't get anything though, only the fugly clothes were left. Also saw the most insensitive tanktop a person can wear to phuket: it says "don't stop the waves!"

Today was one of those days which at the end of the day, I find that I didn't do anything at all. I hate these days because they make me feel useless and like I'm the most boring person in the world.. I would wake up late, eat the lonely prata left on the table, watch television, wind up in my bed to read a book but then fall asleep. Then wake up at 8 to dinner and find that I have ruined my day, again.

I've been missing buses lately. Especially the 139 bus. Just 100 metres away and I would have reached the bus stop. Or I would go the bus interchange and I would be the first one in line. You know, being the first in line entails certain responsiblities. You have to watch out for the coming bus and then when it comes, you have to get off the railing to signal to the others to get ready. I also told a blind man the bus number when his bus came... The only way to resolve this problem would be to keep running to the bus stop, but that would mean a lot of running.

I have a thing about alpha males. I'm generally wary of them and I'm usually on a whole different wavelength. To make matters worse, they are nice and have everything. I'm a tad envious.

Make that more than a tad. I wanna join them if I can't beat them.

I would love to be a star wars character. I would be in coruscant and have a spiffy spaceship to play with and my best friend will be a jedi. I'd sip martinis in space and turn off the gravity and float about in air. I might also have some bionic machine parts implanted and pioneer inter racial marriage. And I would have a sexy latin name like Juarez. Escape from reality I do. Escape from ghosts of the past, I don't. <--("talking in metaphors", one of the most important blogging skills.)

I hope there are no studies showing that having earphones in your ears for an entire day will hurt your ears. Because that's what I've been doing at work. Excel is my new best friend.

After missing out on so many concerts, the one concert that I'm actually going to has to be cancelled. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. She'll probably take a year off to do chemotherapy and stuff. No more rocking out the national stadium!

Speaking of the national stadium, I went there with zj for a briefing for the olympics conference volunteers. Saw some familiar faces there too. I so want to be at the istana and the esplanade and mingle with the vvips. They said we would probably watch the rehearsals for the opening ceremony.. very dramatic.. they're going to name a species of orchid the IOC orchid. Top 2 people to see.. if they come.. beckham and maria sharapova..

Nursing a sore throat. I'm going to feel so shitty when I wake up the next morning. It bothers me greatly that it's nearly june and I haven't been to a single big 21st birthday house party. Urgh. What are you guys doing man?