4.08.2005

"We are all young and beautiful."
So says Kelvin. I think he should go get a blog because he is so hysterically funny. If you're not laughing, well, it's because you don't know the context and you weren't there.
We were talking about time and aging. So deep huh. Anyway I think that when a person gets to his middle ages he will start thinking of time as "ok, I have like 20 years to go." It's so disturbing to be counting down to the day you die, to be thinking that every thing you do may be the last thing you do. But who knows how much time we've got? I'm afraid of dying. I guess having a religion would help a great deal. It provides the comfort of knowing that it doesn't just end at the point of letting your last breath go. So like what Tim McGraw says, live like you were dying.

I barely passed driving. Thanks for the advice guys.. Bingxun for telling me to dress up, Daniel for telling me to change the attitude, Lawrence for telling me to say "yes sir!".. I only said that once though, it sounded so weird.. and everyone who wished me good luck.



The Diana Krall concert was great. I was expecting an intimate concert but it turned to be quite large scale. Couldn't see her very well either, being almost 100m away from the stage. Sadly, I wasn't pro enough to appreciate the piano work.. I only knew that one of the songs sampled a bossa nova standard.. apparently all the intros included tunes from other songs. I did finally get the double bass. It came to an end all too quickly.
HIGHs: "Bless you" to a woman who sneezed; fantastically showy drum solos; a weird song about big toes; "temptation"; that icy cool voice; large video screens.
LOWs: No cover of "a case of you"; stuffing myself on a brownie afterwards.